COVID-19 – NEW PROTOCOLS AT FURBABY PET CARE
IMPORTANT COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Furbaby Pet Care is taking the following precautions to ensure our business can continue to operate in a professional manner while minimizing health risks to clients and workers:
Furbaby Pet Care Intake Area:
- There is a limit now of one Furbaby family member inside the Intake Area at one time. One of our Furbaby staff members will be there to greet you – if someone doesn’t appear quickly, don’t fret, we’re likely making our way to the Intake Area to come and greet you and your dog. (We have monitors inside the dog parks, so we can SEE and HEAR you when you enter!)
- On that note, staff will now be wearing protective masks to greet you. With so many changes in our society this fall (school returning, people going back to work, etc), we don’t want to take any chances with your health. You’ll see Furbaby Pet Care attendants now with masks on.
- Please take a moment to use the hand sanitizer station which we have set up at the entrance of the intake area.
- We also urge you to practice social distancing measures please in the unlikely event more than one person enters the Intake Area at once.
- If you think you might have symptoms of COVID-19, please do not enter the area. You might want to try calling us from your car to arrange for a Furbaby Pet Care staff member to come to you and get your dog. Here is our number: (306) 912-7783. It may take a few extra minutes, but well worth it in the long run. We can also make the same arrangements for you for pickup. Again, it may extend your drive home by an extra few minutes, but we’ll get your dog back to you!
Furbaby Pet Care Mobile Services:
- All our Mobile Staff will now be wearing protective masks in your homes. We have instituted strict hand-sanitizing measures for all mobile staff as well.
- Please note, according to the Centres for Disease Control, there is no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. Based on the limited information available to date, the risk of animals spreading COVID-19 to people is considered to be low.
- And closer to home, Health Canada said there is currently no evidence to suggest that the coronavirus is being spread by animals in this country. “It is possible that some types of animals can be infected with COVID-19 but there is no evidence that pets or other animals can spread the virus. There are still many unknowns about COVID-19 and this is an area that remains to be studied and understood,” Health Canada said in a statement on its website,
- However, please remember we at Furbaby Pet Care are taking no chances when we enter your home and associate with your pet. Again, we will be masked, and our mobile staff will hand sanitize prior to and after visiting your home.
Remember, you can check out The Government of Canada website dedicated specifically to COVID-19 or the Saskatchewan Government’s site to find out if you are indeed symptomatic for COVID-19.
If you do indeed have questions about your pet, while in our care at Furbaby Pet Care, we urge you to send us an email directly to the intake area: firstname.lastname@example.org. We DO see your questions sent to us directly on social media, or through private messengers, but often we can’t get to them as quickly as would like. We WILL notice your emails quicker and respond just as soon as well can. Thank you for understanding!
Thanks again to every single one of you for understanding our new protocols! You are our Furbaby family and as such, we are making every effort to ensure the well-being and safety of your pets.